Cichlid Lake Salt, 1 kg / 2.2 lbs
Cichlid Lake Salt™ is a chemically sound blend of salts designed to replicate the natural environment of Rift Lake African Cichlids. It contains all physiologically essential elements such as magnesium, calcium, sodium, potassium, and includes trace components such as iron, aluminum, and iodide.
Although the major Rift Lakes contain basically the same mineral salts, they do so in greatly differing concentrations. Cichlid Lake Salt™ is formulated so that dosages vary depending on the lake of origin and need only be added when setting up an aquarium or with water changes. Many competing products are little more than combinations of Epsom salt and bicarbonate of soda. This will not provide a complete replication of the mineral salts that are contained in the lakes of Africa, in particular calcium and potassium. Seachem’s Tanganyika Buffer™ (pH 9.0–9.4) and Malawi/Victoria Buffer™ (pH 7.8–8.4) should be used to adjust carbonate hardness and pH.
- Replicates the natural environment of all Rift Valley lake African cichlids
- A chemically sound blend of salts designed to replicate the natural environment of cichlids
- Contains all physiologically essential elements such as magnesium, Potassium, calcium, and sodium
- Also contains trace elements such as iron, aluminum, and Iodide; does not contain harmful or unnecessary elements such as nitrates and arsenic
- 250 grams treats up to 675 gallons