Seachem Purigen Organic Filtration Resin - Fresh and Saltwater 500 ml
Seachem Purigen is not a mixture of ion exchangers or adsorbents, but a unique macro-porous synthetic polymer that removes soluble and insoluble impurities from water at an excelled rate and capacity.
For over three decades, Seachem has been a company rooted in sound science. Our experience in the hobby and an educated staff of chemists and biologists are part of the package when you purchase Seachem products. Seachem remains as one of the few surviving independent and privately owned pet care companies. Seachem is owned and operated by hobbyists. All of our employees are hobbyists who maintain aquariums at home and at the office. Seachem itself was started because one such passionate hobbyist - Dr. Leo G. Morin (Founder) - recognized that the available solutions to aquarists problem wanting. This resulted in Seachem’s very first product: Cupraplex (today known as Cupramine). Over thirty years later Seachem is still approaching old problems in a new way.
Seachem’s philosophy is that the knowledgeable hobbyist makes the best customer. This is reflected in solid and reliable customer education and support as well as products proven in science and performance. While Seachem has grown rapidly into a national and international firm, it retains the culture of a small company and is readily available to its customers.
- FILTRATION: Seachem Purigen is not a mixture of ion exchangers or adsorbents, but a unique macro-porous synthetic polymer that removes soluble and insoluble impurities from water at an excelled rate and capacity.
- SELECTIVITY: Seachem Purigen is an organic filtration resin that works hard to remove nitrogenous compounds and waste produced by fish, corals, and even plants, making your water crystal clear.
- CAPACITY: Being both spherical and macroreticular, Seachem Purigen has microscopic pores that increase its usable surface area to many times that of a purely spherical resin.
- REGENERATION: Once Seachem's Purigen is exhausted, it can be regenerated with a solution of bleach and water. The bleach will literally "burn off" the organics that have been removed from the tank.
- SAFETY: Some slime coat products may permanently foul Purigen and render regeneration difficult. Do not reuse if odor of bleach/chlorine is detectable. In case of doubt, soak beads in small quantity of water and test for residual chlorine with a chlorine test kit.